Tuesday 8 July 2014

Outfit Post // Abstract Attitudes

Hi everyone! You may have noticed a huge absence on my blog recently for which I can only apologise- so sorry about the massive blogging break! I've just started two new jobs, and have been working 6, sometimes 7 days a week, making finding the time/energy to take pictures a little bit more difficult than usual. However I've definitely settled in to a routine now, so the blog will now be back up and running- yay!


Coat*//M&S     Tee//Internacionale     Jeans//Primark     Loafers//Primark     Necklace//Primark     Bag//Accessorize  






I've been on a bit of a winning break recently, and a couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to win this unbelievably gorgeous coat* courtesy of amazing blogger Emma Hill of EJStyle and Marks & Spencer's! I was one of three lucky winners chosen via Instagram, and honestly couldn't believe my luck! Anyway, the coat was a size medium, which fits slightly over-sized, but I think that adds to the whole style of the coat and makes it look even more flattering (and feel even more comfy) on. 
The abstract print also makes this a real statement piece, meaning it's perfect for both casual and dressy looks, I honestly can't describe how much I love this coat, plus it's definitely left me feeling inspired for Autumn/Winter shopping. As an added bonus, it's just gone into the M&S sale too, so you can now buy it here for a ridiculous £36!!! 

I didn't want the bold aztec print to clash with my outfit when styling, so went for casual staple pieces like my Primark loafers and boyfriend jeans, and a cute little cropped tee I bought from Internacionale a few years ago. I think they give my look a boho feel, and are all super comfy, making this look my go-to choice for long days out (mainly shopping) when I want to look stylish but can walk around all day without having to worry. The gorgeous necklace I'm wearing is also a recent Primark find, they are just so good for jewellery and accessories that aren't ridiculously overpriced (this necklace broke the bank at around £4 I think). My accessorize bag that you may have seen in some earlier posts was also a perfect addition to this outfit, it may be looking a little worn now, well I have used it everyday since Christmas, but it seems to just go with anything, and is the perfect size to fit all my random bits and bobs that I carry around when I leave the house. Finally I added a trusty red lip to match the jewel in my necklace, and the look was complete! 

Thank you to Emma Hill and Marks & Spencers! What do you think to statement coats like this? Are you loving them for Autumn/Winter like me...?x 

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is isn't it, I feel like it's too incredible for me to pull off!x

      Delete
  2. I love that jacket - it's so simple but looks so great!
    Your lipstick is also beautiful! Such a gorgeous colour.

    Rachael at rachaelisnotwowzie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a really Old No.7 one I think, they don't even sell it any more so I've been trying to make it last :( x

      Delete
  3. Love love love the coat! Annoyingly they don't have it in my size- shall have to wait and hope! I love how you've styled it :)
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so lovely, a really nice material too! Aw that's such a shame :( x

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous outfit! Love the coat <3

    http://cocodrizzle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the lovely comment hun and the print looks fab on you :) to answer your question, the shoes, yes, they are ridiculousloy comfy for a heel as I hate heels and I walked around Manchester in them with no problem at all :) xx

    www.lurchhoundloves.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4995777

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! Oh well now I really have no excuse not to buy them, they are just far too gorgeous!xx

      Delete
  6. Your coat and your necklace are stunning !

    Kisses from France,
    Anna N.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a gorgeous outfit! And your blog is so darling! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs