Sunday 13 July 2014

Lifestyle // Race for Life

A non fashion-related post today, but I had to share with you all what I've been up to! I had an absolutely amazing day today doing something I've never ever done before... I ran the Race for Life 5K in Huddersfield, and had the best time doing it! It was a fantastic event for a fantastic cause, with the atmosphere amongst all the different ladies being something I won't forget for a very long time,  I think we all definitely kicked Cancer's butt!

P.s. sorry for the rubbish photo quality, they were taken on my phone as I forgot my camera.

Me looking non-sweaty before the race!

Looking rather more sweaty and red-faced just after finishing- and proud of my medal!
Race for Life!
I ran the race in memory of my amazing Grandad, who lost his battle with lung cancer when I was much younger, but it was also quite a personal thing, as since January I have been on a fitness/ weight loss mission, and this race was the culmination of all my hard work. Before January I'd barely even stepped foot in my trainers, so to run 5K in a time of 35 minutes felt like a huge achievement, and was a celebration of the almost 2 stone I've lost since then. 

The event itself was brilliantly organised, with a group warm-up before we set off, and plenty of cheering and shouting for the cameras- Calendar was there filming us!! The weather was so so warm, which left me rather sweaty and red-faced and struggling to find any reserve energy, but coming up to the finish line, the cheering from all the supporters was enough to spur me on and give me a finishing boost me over the line, after which I collapsed immediately!

I've had a more than amazing day, with loads of money raised for a fantastic cause that affects everyone at some point in their lives. If you'd like to donate then head over to Cancer Research to help give Cancer an even bigger kick up the butt.. As I shouted today, Cancer, we're coming to get you!!

Have you ran the Race for Life..? How else have you shown your support for Cancer Research...?x 

5 comments:

  1. Great cause and well done :) 35 mins is a fantastic time!

    http://madnessbymeg.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on finishing the race ! I love your pink top :)
    Im your new follower and hope you'll visit my blog too:)

    http://maayhappy.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I got it from George at ASDA, it was only £7 I think :) x

      Delete
  3. Well done! You've done super well and it's such a great cause :) That's a fantastic time xoxo

    http://sweetheartfashionx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs